STAIN SOLUTION #2 is designed to safely and effectively remove copper stains and scale from all types of pool surfaces without draining the pool. In most cases, The Copper & Scale Stuff is more effective than acid washing the pool, and will save both time and money. Please Note: must bypass heater when using this product.
Did you have a positive reaction from our Stain ID Kit for the Stain Solution #2 Treatment?
Consider purchasing a Treatment #2 Pack (Stain Solution #2 Treatment)! This kit is pre-measured to contain everything you’ll need to perform that specific treatment in a 10,000 gallon pool. Jack’s Magic takes the guesswork out of stain removal!
1. Balance pool water to the following parameters: BALANCE PARAMETERS for STAIN IDENTIFICATION AND REMOVAL
Pool Water Item: Balance Parameter(s)
- Free and Total Available Chlorine (FAC & TAC) 1-3 ppm
- pH 7.0-7.4
- Total Alkalinity (TA) 80 ppm or below
- Calcium Hardness (CH) 200 - 400 ppm
- Cyanuric Acid (Stabilizer) (CYA) Below 70 ppm
- Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) Below 1,200 ppm (4,000 ppm in salt systems)
2. Turn pool pump on.
3. Add ½ gallon Muriatic (pool) Acid per 10,000 gallons of pool water AFTER the pH and TA are adjusted.
4. Add Jack’s Magic® the Blue Stuff® at a rate of 1 quart per 10,000 gallons of pool water. TIP: With salt (chlorine generator) system or high TDS (over 1,200 ppm) substitute the Purple Stuff® in place of the Blue Stuff. For Scale Removal only, we recommend using the Magenta Stuff™ instead.
5. Add 10 pounds of Jack’s Magic STAIN SOLUTION #2 the Copper & Scale Stuff™ per 10,000 gallons of pool water. Pre-dilute product or brush any undissolved product immediately as it reaches the bottom.
6. Circulate pool continuously on high speed for the duration of the treatment (48 hours – 2 weeks). TIP: Use the Filter Fiber Stuff™ to enhance filtration in a sand or cartridge system for a more efficient removal.
7. After 7 days, clean the filter, brush the entire pool and add chlorine (or other sanitizer) as required, but DO NOT shock. Test pH and Total Alkalinity; add acid if pH is above 7.0 or Total Alkalinity is above 80. If stains have not started to lift one week into treatment, call JM technical support for assistance at 1-800-348-1656. TIP: This treatment can produce false free chlorine readings for 3-4 weeks; use the total chlorine reading during this time.
8. Add 12 ounces of the product used in Step 4 per 10,000 gallons weekly during treatment. It is highly recommended that this product is used at a maintenance dose for at least three weeks after treatment is concluded to prevent re-staining.
9. After the stains are completely removed (this may take a few weeks), slowly begin re-balancing total alkalinity using sodium bicarbonate only. Add no more than four pounds per 10,000 gallons per day. Heaters, mineral systems and salt generators may be used 48 hours after re-balancing.
DO NOT SHOCK for 1 week after treatment; this may cause re-staining.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.